In my last post, I focused on my Why. This time out, I want to share the notes I made when I asked myself the question posed by The Minimalists – “How would your life be better with less?”
I am more focused on my future than I ever have been. I am starting to see a picture of where I will be in 10 years. And when I picture that ideal future, most of these Things aren’t there.
Jotting down notes of how my life would be better with less, I found they all fit into 4 broad categories – My First Principles, benefits in the present, benefits in the future, and financial advantages.
I could, and very well might, write an entire post about each item on this list.
- Reduce selfishness
- Practice making better choices
- Support creators more effectively
- Be more in the moment
- Create more
- Less content guilt
- Calmer space
- Better choices
- Appreciate what I have more
- Not settle for so-so
- Less clutter
- Less being judged
- Freedom for more choices
- Less to move
- Less for Wifey to deal with
- Could downsize
- Open to new things
- Lower debt – not paying to owe
- Digital final format reduces rebuying
- Safety net – by paying no interest charges
- Encourage using free services – library, apps
- Spend less on what I hope I’ll like
You can’t win the Things Game except by conceding.